29.1.16

[2015 Beauty Favourites]*



I'm probably the last blogger to do her beauty favourites of 2015 right? Well, better late than never as the saying goes.
After all I'm far from being a perfect blogger (or maybe even a blogger at all!) and I did enjoy setting up and taking these photos, which means I have to publish them, whether you like it or not.
Now, before we begin, these products listed here have not all been released in 2015, some of them are old favourites that stick with me year after year.

FACE
Right so, this said, from the first picture: The Infallible 24h Matte from L'Oreal has won my heart. I finished the True Match foundation from the same brand (which I also love) and decided to try this one after reading about all the hype it has created; I know is not for everyone but it does work wonders on my combination skin and the second lightest tone is perfect for my complexion. In terms of primers I am also really happy with the Kiko Mat Base, not so much with the glue feeling of the application but with the long lasting matte promised results. As an old favourite and my staple go to make up for days that I have to look more put together, the Double Wear from Estee Lauder. On the blush department I have been reaching out very often to this Kiko stick (no longer available) since it has the right amount of pink/taupe and shine (even though my favourite is still Coralista from Benefit). For illuminators I have almost hit pan in the Topshop cream highliter in Gleam and the new addition as of this month has been the Jelly Pong Pong I found on my Birchbox. My bronzer is still from The Body Shop, matte and light enough for my pale skin and for nails still using the Essie base and top coat duo (the top coat will make your nail polish last for a week as new!).

WISHLIST FOR 2016
I really want to try the Make Up Forever HD concealer and the Amazing Condealer. Also some Bobbi Brown foundation or their BB cream.



As for skin care, sticking to many favourites here, the Pure Melt cleanser from Clarins is amazing, doesn't matter how many layers of make up you have, it removes everything leaving your skin soft, without breaking it. I also love the face scrub from Clarins, the scent is delicious and the microbeads just the right size and amount I'd say. Another one from Clarins is the mosturising blue orchid oil, especially in Winter, such a skin saviour for cold days with freezing wind. For my eyes I have discovered and love the No7 Protect & Perfect and still relying on the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair to give me nice skin in the morning, even if I didn't have a good night sleep. You know I love statement lipsticks so, this Lush lip scrub has been there day in day out for me to prep my lips (plus the gum smell is too good!) 

WISHLIST FOR 2016
I want to try Origins products.


Another cleanser I have discovered this year (and forgot to include in the previous picture... there goes the blogger in me...) thanks to a present was the hot cloth cleanser from Liz Earle with an amazing eucalyptus scent; leaves a very fresh sensation on the face but I haven't really got used to the linen cloth. As for the hair, compulsory mention of my all time favourite, Moroccanoil which again, I know does not work for many of you (but this is my post so, too bad!) but it does really condition and tame my hair so, it had to appear here.


EYES
For old products that stick around, we have my all time favourite mascara, the Clinique High Impact Mascara (easy to apply, great volume/lengthening results and most important: easy to remove!), the Too Faced eyeshadow primer (which keeps your eye shadow in place all day) and that Bobbi Brown eyeshadow stick that I discovered in 2014, easy to apply and stays put all day. As for last year's discoveries: the Maybelline nude palette, I have been using it quite often, love the colours and all the possible combinations listed at the back in case you're not feeling very creative. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadow in On and On Bronze is just beautiful and does stay in place the whole day, great eye shadow base or to wear on its own. I bought Satin Taupe from Mac on a whim and it turned out to be such a versatile and flattering colour for me, love it! To finish, the Super Liner eyeliner from L'Oreal, really easy to draw the line with this one (see that pun I did there?) and the mascara hype of the year, Lash Sensational from Maybelline which I admit is pretty nice (just not as nice as my Clinique one, but so much better than their Rocket Volum'Express in my opinion).


LIPS
Right so, you do know I own many more (way many more...) lipsticks than those shown in the picture, but this are good finds from 2015 and the ones I've used the most. This Kate Moss for Rimmel number 19 (discontinued sorry...) is a lovely pink nude along the super mosturizing (and more sheer) Clinique Super Strawberry Chubby Stick, how good are these for Winter, uh? Still loving my Sephora matte (which is meant to be the dupe for Dragongirl from Nars), such a great fucsia/red colour that stays with you for hours, I always get compliments when I wear it. Latest brand discovery thanks to Birchbox again, the Model CO Stiletto, is the red I have been reaching for the past 2 months (since I got it basically). Again thanks Birchbox for introducing me to the transparent lip pencil from Lord & Berry, so clever! since it has no colour you can use it with every single lipstick!!

HANDS
Hand Food from Soap & Glory is my favourite, the smell is amazing, I think I've been through 3 tubes of these last year; special mention to La Source from Crabtree & Evelyn too, not so much for the scent though, but fgor how mosturizing and non greasy it is.





That's it! What do you think? Are you using or want to use any of these? Do you also discover products you love thanks to beauty boxes like Birchbox?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. quiero probar la base true match! un besoooo

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo estoy encantada! y por el precio que tiene bien merece la prueba!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and I have similar tastes, loving those foundations as well as primer and the lash sensational mascara is definitely one I LOVE very much!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

[Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.]*

Blog Design Created by pipdig